Thursday, January 7, 2010

Here There Be Boys



We have sons. I love this. I may say differently in about 10-12 years when they are teenagers, but for now, I'm liking it. 

This week has been interesting. Actually, I could say that for the entire month. As it probably is in other parts of the country, we have had tons of snow. It just seems to continue to fall. Every time I think we could not have room for more, there it is. I do like snow, but we are starting to run out of places to put it. Christmas was a blizzard. We cancelled attending Christmas Eve services with Russ' family because they live 100 miles away. The next day, we did make it to my parents house (only 20 miles away) and ended up being snowed in overnight. Wind, cold temperatures, blowing snow, yes, this is a Nebraska winter as we haven't seen since my childhood.
This week, despite the weather, we welcomed my new nephew into the world. My sister, Marna had a little boy on Tuesday, January 5. His name is Axton Grey, and he was 7# 6 oz, despite the fears of the physicians that he would be closer to 9 1/2 lbs. If you've met my sister, you know she doesn't really have room for  9 1/2 lbs of baby. She is quite petite. I was honored to be in the delivery room as her labor coach and she did great! Little Axton is such a good baby already, one more sweet little boy in our family.
In other news of boys, Russ and I have received updates about Asher! We had sent him a Christmas package and apparently the company that translated everything and got it all there was able to get some updated information and photos of him! We have seven new photos! He looks very happy. He is almost 21 lbs--bigger than Caleb was at that age, he is just under 29 inches tall, and he has 5 teeth. What a sweetie! I just want to get him and give him a big squeeze!

 
       our latest photo of Asher in China -- January 2010

2 comments:

Sugar Momma January 8, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Oh Asher is just precious! Did you happen to use Ann at redthread? Axton (way cool name, btw)is a cutie. As an aunt to 8 nephews...they are so much fun :) And Caleb is shaving already? My, now that is some serious testerone. Hope you are enjoying your new career ;)

Suz January 8, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

I pray that your wish will be granted very soon.

Hope you had a great Christmas in spite of the snow and may 2010 be expecially blessed for you and yours.


  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP