Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Five



Back in 2008 when I was in China for the first time, my little 18 month old son seemed so small that to think he would someday turn five seemed like some far-off, futuristic time. Well, the day has arrived. Caleb is five years old today. He's turning into quite a young man. While he is a big fan of Diego, dinosaurs, Cars, great white sharks and such, this year, all the talk was about a certain "beach ambulance" that he was really hoping for. (Note: I do not really know what a beach ambulance is. We were shopping in the store one day and looking in the toy section and he saw this vehicle that had lights and sirens and was pulling a cart that said "HIGH TIDE." He loved it. But when he asked me what it was, all I could think of was, "uh, that's a beach ambulance!" And so it stuck.)


This year, we held a housewarming party/birthday party since we had just moved into our new house. We were so blessed by friends and family who visited and who helpedus celebrate our new home and Caleb's birthday. People were so thoughtful and giving and he was happy with everything. We waited three days (until his actual birthday) to celebrate with our small family with pizza and a few presents. While I love celebrating with other people, I'm also really happy to have our family together. And when I hear, "aw....thanks Mom! I love you!" it makes my whole year. Suddenly, these birthdays seem to come around all too quickly....


Party with friends....



Owen, with one of the housewarming gifts from our party--
our new "housepet" that we named Bowen.....



Party at home with family.....




The coveted "beach ambulance"

0 comments:


  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP