Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Excitement and possible hope?

I got the job.
They called me yesterday to offer it to me and I said yes. It's this whole surreal feeling right now since it has only been one day. I will surely get used to it over time. I'm excited because it is a new opportunity and a lot of flexibility that I haven't had. While I have enjoyed a lot of my work at the hospital, I've been feeling terribly burned out. I have chosen to stay on there as a supplemental position, working only a few hours a month, though. I'm not quite ready to close the door all the way. I am excited about this new job because I still get to work with kids--I've even been placed at two elementary schools, which is what I wanted. I don't think the work will be as intense as I've been experiencing, and the hours are fantastic. Bear with me while I dream for just a moment....
I will be able to get up in the morning and not have to worry about sleeping late because I have to stay up all night. I am a morning person anyway, yet most mornings right now are slept through. I will be awake. I will have coffee and breakfast and go to work. I will come home in the afternoon and be available to do stuff in the evenings. If someone wants to meet us for dinner, I can go! That is, if I don't already have other social activities going that evening. I can eat dinner with Russ most nights. I can look forward to Fridays, and have every weekend off. I can go to church on Sundays. I get holidays off. Holidays! I always work holidays!
I'm not trying to gloat. I'm just terribly excited. Since becoming a nurse, I've never had a normal schedule. I've missed out on roughly 50% of evening activities, and one never knows if I will make it to Christmas or Thanksgiving dinners. It's been like this for almost eight years now. I feel like I've done my time. I will relish that for just a little while and then move on.
Today is actually a tense day because we are waiting to find out about our adoption petitions. I thought I would be doing this yesterday. On Monday, I had posted that we would be finding out the results of our potential match on Tuesday. Well, Monday night we received an email saying that the agency's placement team had to postpone their meeting for one more day, now Wednesday. They are hopefully meeting as we speak. They are calling those who didn't get matched first, so I'm hoping for a later call. But, what is later? I have no idea how long the meeting will go. It's 11:40 am. If they call me at 1:30 is that good or bad?
I can do nothing about it, as we've done absolutely everything possible. It's in God's hands now. I secretly feel like the answer will be no, but that's because the answer has always been no. After two years of trying to start a family, numerous pregnancy tests, infertility treatments, and month after month of waiting, we've never had a yes. I don't know what that feels like. Maybe I feel like it will be no because it's almost impossible for me to imagine them saying yes. So, that's all I know now. I'm waiting for the phone call. I will post again what the answer is.

0 comments:


  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP