Monday, July 23, 2007

What's going on

Well, the job interview on Friday went very well. At least, I think it did. I actually knew (and liked!) the person who was interviewing me, as she was someone who I had worked with during one of my clinicals in nursing school. She was easy to talk to. The job sounds very flexible, and the hours are great (good to think about since I just got done working 12 hour shifts all weekend). I came away from it very excited and hopeful. They are supposed to notify me by Wednesday, so I only have two more days not to think and stew about it.
The other big thing that is going on with us this week is that we have turned in two petitions to adopt. The agency that we are working with has received a group of profiles of children waiting for families. If we are interested in pursuing the adoption of any of these children, we file a petition to adopt. Both of these children are special needs, so part of this petition is outlining our plan of treatment for the child, our resources, and just generally why we are good people. Then, there is a placement team that will decide if we will be matched or not. The team reviews the profiles of prospective adoptive parents to make a decision. This is particularly necessary when there is more than one familiy petitioning for the same child. So, that's where we are at. I can't really give any information about the children right now because it's too early. We did petition to adopt two, because there are two we are equally interested in (a girl and a boy), but we would only be matched with one.
So, please keep your fingers crossed and/or pray that this could work out for us! We will find out tomorrow--so one more day of further not thinking or stewing is involved.

0 comments:


  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP