Sunday, July 8, 2007

Vacation (yippee!)

As of Saturday morning at about 4 am, I am officially on vacation for the next 10 days. I love that feeling, knowing that when I get up tomorrow morning, I don't have to go anywhere. And it's the same for the next day, and the next day, and the next...
Lately, around here, it has been quite hot. I think it was 96 today and 99 yesterday. Summer has long been my most unfavorite season, which is why we chose to go to Canada for our honeymoon. When the hot weather rolls around, you will never find me outside, driving around in a convertible or on a beach, my arms suntanned and my hair blowing in the breeze. Nope, once the humidity kicks in and the temperature begins to rise, I go into air conditioning hibernation. And there I will stay until the thermometer reads a more healthy low 80's or below. So, even though I am on vacation, I will be spending much of it indoors. And that's fine by me.
This week, Russ and I will be traveling west to see my best friend, Kris. Kris used to live here and then moved out west last summer. So, after a year, a visit is in order. And, we will be hanging out at Oregon Trail Days, but I'm not sure what that consists of. I've been told there are beer gardens involved, so we'll be there! The bigger part of it is, seeing my good friend Kris. I'm happy that our friendship has maintained the long distance. In fact, I think I talk with her more now than when she lived here. Still, it is better to hang out in person at least sometimes.
On the way out west, we may be stopping at Russ' parents for a visit as well. They actually just bought a house and will be moving around the first week of August. I think there was a little concern on their children's parts when they first sold their home, as they didn't have a home to move into at that point. But they quickly found a house and will be able to move in by the time they close on their old one. It's actually a home they looked at 3 years ago and really liked, but someone else bought it instead. Now the someones are moving and my lucky in-laws got it. How's that for timing? Here is a picture:

I don't know if it comes with the Christmas lights still on it, but either way, it looks really cute and I'm happy they have found a new place to call their own.
Well, after all these ramblings, we're off to get some ice cream. It means leaving the house, but it's almost nine o'clock in the evening and I'm sure it's much cooler out by now, so we'll be ok.

0 comments:


  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP